Monday, May 11, 2009

Have a good Day!!

So I have been meaing to post forever, but time seems to go too fast after the kids get to bed at night. We have lots of new updates- I will put up pics of all these things later. First, Dan got his braces off. Yeah, he looks great!! He now has to wear a retainer for a long time. Then Ellie gave up her binki about a month ago. If you have spent any time around her you know she used it every night to go to sleep. We told her she was going to have to get braces like Daddy if she didn't give it up...she hasn't' asked for it since. We are so proud of her, she is growing up way too fast. Speaking of binki's....no one in our family uses one-Shocking I know. Maggie has started sucking her thumb and Ben has always preferred the thumb. Another piece of BIG news is that Ben is officially potty trained. Yippee!!! He has not had an accident in about a week and he love wearing underwear. This news is great except for at church. When Dan is sitting on the stand Ben has figured out that he only has to yell pee pee and I will run him out (usually passing Maggie to someone and Ellie runs behind me). Last week he said pee pee at least 5 times before I told he we were not going out again. We love that boy and his huge grin. Last but now least, we are coming home. We have our date, I think. We are leaving here July 10th, just two months left. I will be so excited to get home, but I am grateful for our time here.

7 comments:

Katie said...

I hope you had a great Mother's Day! Eric and I want to see pictures of Dan with no braces!
Wow, I can't believe that Ben is potty trained. All of my friends with little boys have said what a nightmare it is, so I haven't even attempted or thought about it yet. I suppose if I had another little baby, changing two kids with diapers would get pretty old though!:)

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brett, Jaymie, McKaleigh, Colton, Alex said...

I am amazed! Alex is SOOO very far away from that point, and I was thinking three was a good age. He has just barely got to the point where he will tell me "poops," but even then he runs away from me when I am going to change him...I guess we will just have to wait and see!

Nate & Janisha said...

Good news is we will probably be out of here (meaning mom and dad's)by the time you get back so you will have the house to yourself. It will be fun to have you close by.

Janie said...

Wow Sheri! July 10. I wish I were going to be in Utah this summer! It would be so great to see you again!

I can't believe Ben is already trained - way to go! How nice to have only 1 in diapers... :)

Jenn said...

You are coming home!! Yea!! Where are you guys going to be? Hope you enjoy the last 5 weeks or so.

Kim Dubois said...

Rip rip.