Sunday, November 20, 2011

Happy Halloween!!!

I know you were all dying to know what the Myers were for halloween, so here you go.



Here we are carving pumpkins. The kids didn't really like the guts, so we had to help dig them out. Benji figured out that pumpkins make pumpkin pie. So we cooked them up and Sheri made a couple awesome pumpkin pies.


Benji the pirate, and Ellie the elephant ready to hit the road trick-or-treating!





To help the whole family hit the road ASAP after Dan got home from work, Sheri arranged a special Papa Murphy's feast! The kids didn't really like it. I guess they're too used to the cheap $5 cardboard Little Ceasar's fare we usually buy.







Here are the trick-or-treaters on the front porch. Maggie is a beautiful ladybug, and Ellie is taking care of Gideon the pumpkin. Ben has his game face on - he is ready to get some candy!









Dan's work had a big Halloween party. They spent tens of thousands of dollars on candy and decorations - each floor had teams. Dan's floor made a corn maze in their office. It was pretty darn cool.


Dan wore an outfit he picked up in Kuwait. He was definitely getting some nervous stares throughout the evening . . .











Man did we have an awesome Halloween. Gideon stayed home to help pass out candy, Ben and Ellie trekked tirelessly around the neighborhood for a couple hours, and Maggie finally caved and hopped a ride in the stroller on the way home. The kids are already planning their costumes for next year.













3 comments:

The Franjesevic Family said...

The Myers are alive! It's so wonderful! I hope all is well! That baby sure is cute...and not as much of a chunk now that he's older!

Katie said...

You guys- it is great to see a post! You need to do it more often now that we are so far away! Mallory and Elliot will be thrilled to see some pictures of their cousins!
I hadn't seen a picture of Gideon- last time I saw the kid he was only a couple of weeks old. He's a cutie! Is he blonde? He seems lighter than the others, but maybe it was the lighting.
Dan's costume= hilarious! I bet he did get some nervous stares! Ha, ha!

Brett, Jaymie, McKaleigh, Colton, Alex said...

Wow...I was shocked to see such recent news! Keep up the good work. The kids looked great - and i'm sure got lots of candy!